- My notarial practice is regulated through the Faculty Office of the Archbishop of Canterbury:
The Faculty Office, 1, The Sanctuary, Westminster, London, SW1P 3JT
Telephone: 0207 222 5381;
- If you are dissatisfied about the service you have received, please do not hesitate to contact me:
James Richard Stirk, Notary Public: The Clochfaen, Llangurig, near Llanidloes, Powys, SY18 6RP
Telephone: 07702 632008
- If we are unable to resolve the matter, then you may complain to the Notaries Society of which I am a member, who have a complaints procedure which is approved by the Faculty Office. The procedure is free to use and is designed to provide a quick resolution to any dispute.
- In that case, please write (but do not enclose any original documents) with full details of your complaint to:
The Secretary of the Notaries Society, Old Church Chambers, 23, Sandhill Road, St James, Northampton, NN5 5LH
Telephone: 01604 758908
If you have any difficulty making a complaint in writing, please do not hesitate to call the Notaries Society or the Faculty Office for assistance.
- Finally, even if you have your complaint considered under the Notaries Society Approved Complaints Procedure, you may, at the end of that procedure, or after a period of six months from the date you first notified me that you were dissatisfied, make your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman*, if you are not happy with the result:
Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ
Telephone: 0300 555 0333
- If you decide to make a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman you must refer your matter to the Legal Ombudsman:
• Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint and
• Six years from the date of act/omission; or
• Three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint (only if the act or omission took place more than six years ago)
The act or omission, or when you should reasonably have known that there was cause for complaint, must have been after 5th October 2010.
* Certain kinds of commercial entities are not eligible to make a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman: please refer to the Legal Ombudsman Scheme Rules or consult the Faculty Office.